Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Extremity & Knee Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am a man of many injuries, anyone else?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatcsguy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am a man of many injuries, anyone else?
    Posted: May 09 2020 at 12:28pm
So in the winter of 2018 I hurt my upper thoracic region in my back from dead lifting. This has been an injury I am still trying to recover from to this day. It also caused my lower back to feel weak.  
In the fall of 2019, I was extremely active. I was hiking mountains, playing hours of soccer straight, and going for long runs. The catch? I was doing it all in crappy shoes. Towards November of 2019, I began to feel some pain in my legs. A sore IT band, a little pain in the middle of my shins, and tenderness/dull pain on the sides of my knees and patella/top of tibia.  
I have been going to PT since January of this year, where I do leg press, leg extension, hip extension, hip abduction, wall squats, and ball balancing. Also, every day I do a standing quad stretch, calf stretch, standing hip stretch, and hamstring stretch. I then ice afterwards.  
I haven't run/played soccer/anything since November of last year. I have done all of these rehabilitate things and while it's gotten better, I still have pain all over.  
Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do? My PT guy says its tendonitis and that I just need to keep stretching and strengthening, but I am nervous with how long it has been. I am thinking of going to get a second opinion. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? What did you do?
Sponsored Links

Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2020 at 7:49am
I am sure it is extremely frustrating that you can't do what you use to do. Glad you have improved somewhat since participating in PT. When you say you have pain all over - what do you mean by that? Pain at both lower extremities? Have you been taking any anti-inflammatory medications? Any blood work performed? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic