Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Specialty Forum for PTs/Healthcare Professionals > Sports Medicine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Injury recovery question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archie64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injury recovery question
    Posted: Sep 13 2018 at 4:48pm
Hi,
I'm 19 and a college soccer player needing some advice.
I had 2 ruptured disc L4-L5 L5 S1. I had surgery and I am back playing with no pain and feeling pretty good.
The problem I have is the nerve took forever to heal from being compressed had surgery in Jan 2017.
The nerve finally feels like it has healed but I'm struggling with my speed and explosiveness I once had.
Do I need to retrain the muscles and nerves needed for running? I have been lifting and I have my strength back just not explosiveness. I guess I am not sure how to get my speed faster.
Any suggestion?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

eblclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eblclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2019 at 3:36am
you have gone through surgery. So it is possible that you have taken a lot of rest while you were away from your house. So it may take time and you have to regularly work on your body. You have to prepare yourself physically as well as mentally, to regain your older fitness level.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic