Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Physical Therapy Professional Forum > Student Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Confused Student

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Confused Student
    Posted: Jan 30 2012 at 9:33am
Our user asked: "Hello!! I would want to become a physicl therapist someday but I have a lot of questions in my mind. I would like to know how much does it cost to study physical therapist? Is it hard to become a P.T?? Do you know any school that can give me a scholarship? What is it like to become a physical therapist? I'm really bad at studying bones, muscles and other part of the body, do you think I can do it? I'm sorry if I have a lot of questions, but I hope you can help me to find my motivations. Thank you very much, this website thought me a lot. Have a great day!!"

Ask a PT Response: "Here are the answers to your question:
I would like to know how much does it cost to study physical therapist? Depends on the school you go to. It is a doctorate program so will cost significantly more than an undergrad degree.

Is it hard to become a P.T?? YES, it requires you to successfully complete a DPT program and to pass the national board exam.

Do you know any school that can give me a scholarship? You will have to check with the scholl you are interested in

What is it like to become a physical therapist? It is a very rewarding profession that allows you to help others achieve a better life

I'm really bad at studying bones, muscles and other part of the body, do you think I can do it? It will be tough if you are not strong in the sciences and anatomy, physiology, etc. "
Sponsored Links

amoskowitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amoskowitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2012 at 4:01pm
I think that this student was asking very general questions.  People should conduct a lot of interviews with actual practicing PT's before considering a lifetime career. 

Aaron
Physical Therapy.Com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic