Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tendonitis in foot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tendonitis in foot
    Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 2:19pm
Our user asked: "Hello, At the beginning of this summer, I started running again for the first time in several months, about 4-5 miles a day. I increased mileage over the course of June and the vast majority of my runs were hilly. After a month, I developed tendonitis in my Achilles tendon of my left foot. For one day of this, it hurt to walk. I rested my foot completely for 3 days and then started stretching my Achilles 20 min a day, massaging it, and either walking or swimming. After two days of this, my Achilles tendon feels much better, not hurting at all unless I am specifically stretching it, but now, the opposite tendon on my same foot (Posterior tibial tendon? It runs down my shin opposite my ankle) has begun hurting, even when I walk!! Please help me! I am at my wit's end here. Thanks so much"

Ask a PT Response: "It sounds like you are taking the correct steps for recovery with rest, exercise modification, and treatment. Since you are now experiencing similiar symtoms on the opposite side, have you tried the same treament interventions which you were performing on your left extremity? If so, has it helped? Without physically examining you, I would be unable to differentiate between post tib, gastroc, soleus, etc.. involvement. If your condition continues to affect you, it may be a good idea to see a PT for an evaluation. He or she will be able to determine the etiology of your pain and to develop a specific plan of care for your needs based on the evaluation."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic