Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Head & Neck Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Herniated disc between C4 and C5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herniated disc between C4 and C5
    Posted: Jul 25 2010 at 2:14am
In simple words, my neuro doctor said that my disc between C4 and  C5 'popped and oozed.'  I have no pain but experiencing numbness on my arms, hands and fingers.  it only gets worse when i am doing activites requiring movement of my arms and hands; especially when i am lifting.  Will physical therapy help me loss the numbness?  if yes, what type of exercise can you recommend?
Sponsored Links

Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2010 at 8:52pm
From what you describe, your condition does not appear too severe. Physical therapy would be appropriate for this condtion. I have treated many patients with conditions similiar to yours and have been successful with alleviating either all symptoms or at least minimizing the symptoms. You can refer to our article on cervical disc bulge and review what to expect when participating in physical therapy by clicking on the following link: http://www.cyberpt.com/cptcondtrtcervicaldiscbulge.asp 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic