Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Shoulder Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

warm up stretches for tennis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: warm up stretches for tennis
    Posted: Jan 28 2010 at 8:48am
Our user asked: "Hi, I'm a Senior in college and am on scholarship for the tennis team. I've always been sort of a freak about warming up before playing and sometimes take up to an hour to warm up. It's very inconvenient, especially with away matches. I have been in PT for a year + because of a shoulder impingement, basically a very tight shoulder. I was wondering what a good 5-10 minute warmup would be for me before I play, while still achieving my goals of warming my body up(especially shoulder) and decreasing risk of injury and improving performance. Help would be greatly appreciated."

Ask a PT Response: "Here is a link of stretches recommended to golfers which I think would be helpful for you as well. http://www.cyberpt.com/documents/Golf%20Stretches.pdf . It would probably be a good idea to also keep up with any other shoulder stretches your PT issued to you.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic