Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

large breasts, back problems...home remedies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: large breasts, back problems...home remedies?
    Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 1:00pm
Our user asked: "I have a young female friend who is quite short--five feet--with very large breasts far too big for her frame. It causes her constant back pain and impedes her ability to function normally. I'm a licensed masseur and I give her massages every day to help with the pain, but that's not going to help with developing spinal problems and the pain always comes back really quickly. She's very proud of her body and doesn't want reductive surgery, nor could she afford it in any case. Professional physical therapy is also out of the question due to finances. What are some home solutions that I can refer her to or help with? Is there anything she can do in place of (or in conjunction with) massages to help even out her posture and decrease the pain, such as exercises or physical therapy routines? Thanks in advance."

Ask a PT Response: "Is your client utiizing a customized bra? A customized bra can help distribute the weight of the breasts across a larger area which can help reduce muscle strain. For patients with this problems, core training is essential. Having a stronger core will also help with decreasing muscle strain. Here is a great link to an article with handouts for core training. http://www.cyberpt.com/coretraining.asp . I hope this helps."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic