Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Upper/Mid Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rhomboid Paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhomboid Paint
    Posted: Apr 30 2012 at 2:29pm
Hello,

For about a couple years now, I have had a irritating pain on the Rhombus of my left shoulder blade. 

Laying down for too long causes my shoulder/back to throb.  The only thing that takes the pain away is pressure.  Its very awkward and annoying to have my hand constantly massaging my spot.  Lots of the time I have my girlfriend place her elbow on my irritated spot and she works it out.  This is only a temporary relief of pain.

I've been to a massage therapist.  They worked it out and explained that my left shoulder rombus is tight and tender.  However, massage therapy only temporary removes the pain.  As soon as I lay down for too long, it starts to throb.  It doesn't hurt to the point where I am in physical agony pain, but it irritates my back to the point where I either get up or have my GF try to massage it out.  Very annoying 

Is there anything I can do to permanently get rid of this annoying muscle pain?  I am sick and tired of waking up in the middle of the night because of my pain.  It becomes very uncomfortable.  I always try and lay on my right side to take the pressure of my left side. 

It helps, but its still not good

Thank you,
Sponsored Links

Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2012 at 10:01pm
Hi Joe - Have you tried some scapular mobilization exercises and rhomboid/ST stretching? Increasing mobility and tissue pliability at the scapulothoracic region may help with your condition. 
justinjude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinjude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 11:37pm
Hello Joe...its been two years you are still suffering from pain, that must be really annoying. The Rhomboid muscles cause the adduction and downward rotation of the scapula and assist in movements. Having a tight Rhombus causes irritations in the movement after you have laid down for longer periods of time. Do slight exercises to improve the strength and flexibility of the muscles, continue the massage therapy as sooner or later it would definitely benefit you.

Edited by justinjude - Sep 05 2012 at 11:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic