Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

low back pain/sciatica

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: low back pain/sciatica
    Posted: Mar 14 2012 at 3:40pm
Our user asekd: "Which exercises are suggested for pain in the right hip, right lower back and pain radiating down back and side or right leg? This has been diagnosed by an orthopeadist as slightly bulging L2 L3 disc area, and arthritic changes."

Ask a PT Response: "Given that you have two things going on L2-3 bulging disc and arthritic changes in your lumbar spine, we would have to figure out which is actually contributing to your symptoms, or both. Exercises to strengthen your core are commonly prescribed by PTs for both conditions, but when it comes to treating a bulging disc vs arthritis there are some other exercises which will vary based on the condition (ie. I would have my patients initially avoid exercises which require lumbar flexion if there is a disc problem). If you are able to, I'd suggest you consult with a PT for an evaluation so that he or she can assess you and develop a plan of care specific for your needs."
Sponsored Links

ricky85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricky85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2018 at 12:35pm
Exercise is the most effective solutions to relieve back pain/sciatica pain. You can take physiotherapy for the rapid result. Also, you should use a good mattress that supports your back perfectly. Take advice from the doctor.

Edited by ricky85 - Oct 30 2018 at 11:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic