Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heel pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heel pain
    Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 4:21pm
Our user asked: "I have had heel pain on and off in my right foot for over a year. The pain is at its worst after walking for any distance. Running and aerobics seem to bother it a lot less. After even a farily short walk followed by rest, the pain is in the bottom of my heel and feels like something is pushing up through my foot. Could this be solved with shoes? I have tried all of the tips given for plantar fasciitis and there has not been any long term improvement. Thanks for your help."

Ask a PT Response: "Shoes can help but you might have something more going on such as posture, mechanics, etc. which might require custom orthotics. Have you tried phyisical therapy yet? I have seen quite a few patients with this condition and have been able to help them."
Sponsored Links

sandradavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandradavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2012 at 12:52am
I had a steroid shot in my heel for my and went away pretty quickly. That was five years ago. Good results still. I run five miles everyday and don't have any problems. The shot worked for me. There is also an outpatient laparoscopic procedure you might think of after the season is over. Podiatrist do it all of the time and the recovery time is a few weeks. I also found for immediate relief to get a cold drink from the fridge and roll it with your heel. That is good temporary fix for pain.
I hope thing work for you! :)

Kamagra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic