Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Arm, Elbow, Wrist & Hand Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PT for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Tendinitis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PT for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Tendinitis
    Posted: Nov 13 2011 at 10:08pm
Our user asked: "I was recently diagnosed by a rheumatologist with carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome and tendinitis. Since I have no health insurance, physical therapy is not an option for me at this time. However, I have been doing a lot of research on the subject and found that hand/wrist splints, ice packs, heat packs and ultrasound are treatment options for these diseases. I have since purchased all of the above. What I would like to know is are there other things I should be doing in addition? Also, I'm starting to have some pain in my knees and feet and wonder if it's ok to continue my exercise routine. I try to walk for an hour on a treadmill at least three times per week, but think maybe I should switch to the stationary bicycle or the elliptical. Unfortunately, gripping the handles on the elliptical is sometimes painful. I simply don't know whether I'm doing more harm than good. Thank you for your help."

Carpal Tunnel = median nerve affected. Cubital Tunnel = ulnar nerve affected.
You mentioned you are having pain at your hands and feet, for my patients that have similiar issues switching up the routine is usually recommended as you mentioned. If the elliptical bothers you because you have to grip try one that doesn't have the moving handles. I hope this helps."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic