Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leg stretching issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leg stretching issues
    Posted: Nov 13 2011 at 10:05pm
Our user asked: "Hello, I am 18 yrs old ( male ) and since i learned to walk i walked on my toes. Because of that i have very big calf muscles. And since my legs are tight i have trouble stretching. Alot of beginner stretches i cannot even do. I have fixed how i walk ( for the most part ) over this last few months, because i am training for the Marine Corp. My main issue is hat when i run, because of my lack of flexibility, i bounce, or when i cant do the whole "heal first, roll off the toes" movement. I hope there is some advice you can give me, thank you"

Ask a PT Response: "Have you tried also tried stretching after you have worked out when your tissue is already warmed up and more pliable? Gains with flexibility are usually better achieved with stretching after exercise. You had mentioned you have difficulty with even beginner exercises. What have you tried? A towel calf stretch is an easy stretch which most people can perform (hold 15-30 secs): http://www.cyberpt.com/cptvid10.asp "
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic