Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Head & Neck Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

neck injury causing a cervical herniated disc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: neck injury causing a cervical herniated disc
    Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 10:37am
Our user asked: "Hello, a week ago i injured my neck..i am an acrobat and had my partner balancing on my shoulders upside down when she fell and my neck was over extended forward chin touching chest and as she fell i heard something tear up the back of my neck. we iced it right away and tried to rest. i have been taking anti inflammatories muscle relaxants and applying creams . i have been mainly sleeping on the floor with a towel rolled up under my neck. on wed i started to feel pain in my upper arm at my elbow it was a pinching pain at first and then moved to a throbbing aching pain. the pain in my arm has lessened a little but i dont know when i should or can start doing physical therapy...do i wait till the pain is out of my arm or can i see a physical therapist now? i am currently working in egypt although havent performed since the injury , i am skeptical of the medical care here i dont know what to do because i dont want to start rehabilitation too early what should i do>?"

Ask a PT Response: "You should be able to start PT now. The PT will conduct an evaluation and assessment and determine what may or may not be appropriate for you to do. If you do have a herniated disc traction, McKenzie based exercises, etc may help with your condition. Definitley a good idea that you are not currently performing. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic