Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Physical Therapy Professional Forum > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working when Pregnant?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ronda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working when Pregnant?
    Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 12:38pm

I just did out patient at that time, which required less physical means from me, for example, transfers.  As far as placement, I was already employed then became pregnant.

Sponsored Links

kjsPT2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjsPT2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2011 at 4:20pm
Thank you so much for the reply!  I'm a new grad and actually trying to get a placement  through a contract company at a nursing home before the baby arrives too.  I was hoping to work up to 7ish months.  If you don't mind me asking was there a work reason you stopped at 6 or is that the way it just worked out for you?  Also was it harder to get placed because you were pregnant or was it not a factor?

Again I'm new to this and appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you.  

Ronda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2011 at 9:17am

I did some contract work in a nursing home when I was pregnant with my first son.  I don’t think there are really any restrictions, unless otherwise told by a physician.  Just use good judgement and body mechanics.  The further along in the pregnancy the more likely it will limit lifting due to body changes – abdominal growth.  I worked in the nursing home (contract) up to my 6 month of pregnancy without any problems.

kjsPT2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjsPT2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 8:25am
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice about working in a nursing home as a PT when pregnant?  How long did you work, any problems, etc.?
Thanks!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic