Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Extremity & Knee Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

injury to both knees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: injury to both knees
    Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 9:11am
Our user asked: "I am looking for a generalized estimation of what potential knee injury I may have. I have sever pain in both knees, limited to the patella and quadricep tendon area. I have no pain while walking or running, but am completely unable to bend down, even slightly. A minor squat to sit and use the toilet is even unbearable. This was sudden onset after beginning a boot camp class at the gym. I have discontinued the activities but the injury has not improved. Any suggestions? Thank you"

Ask a PT Response: "That is odd you are experiencing symptoms in both knees, as an injury to one side is more common. With a squat or deep knee bend you are increasing forces at the patellofemoral joint. Therefore, I would first look at this area to determine if you sustained damage to the cartilage, ligament/tendon or even possibly meniscus. Definitely a good idea to discontinue activities, but since you have not noticed any improvement, it may be a good idea to seek further medical attention from a MD or PT to get a more accurate picture of what may be contributing to your condition."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic