Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Shoulder Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

frozen shoulder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: frozen shoulder
    Posted: May 24 2011 at 1:28pm
Our user asked: "Will a frozen shoulder get back to normal with time or is PT absolutely needed to gain your full range of motion back? Do some people never regain full range of motion?"

Ask a PT Response: "In some cases, patients with frozen shoulder do improve without participation in physical therapy, but the timeline for recovery is unknown.It could be months or years. Physical therapy is definitely helpful with helping the patient achieve a faster recovery compared to no therapy. Various treatment options are available to the physical therapist. As far as your question" Do some people never regain full ROM?". Yes, some patients may not regain full range of motion. However, from my experience, for my patients that don't regain full ROM, they are at least able to achieve functional ROM. ie. They may have trouble unscrewing a light bulb directly above them, but they are able to reach into a cupboard overhead in front of them. I hope this helps."
Sponsored Links

justinjude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinjude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 12:26am
It completely depends upon the severity of the condition. Although in minor cases it recovers with time and the time period can range between months or years. Physical Therapy exercises helps a patient recover fast and also makes the shoulder strong enough to prevent future injuries.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic