Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Head & Neck Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

neck/back exercises

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: neck/back exercises
    Posted: Mar 29 2011 at 12:46pm
Our user asked: "Hello, I am always straining/pulling/hurting my back/neck while doing simple, low stress movements. For example, picking up a towel off the ground, pulling laundry up and out of a washing machine, or grabbing a gallon of milk off a shelf. The muscle I keep hurting is the one that goes from the base of my skull and down alongside my spine. I recently joined a gym to help me strengthen my back. I lead a pretty sedentary lifestyle and I think much of my problem stems from bad sitting posture. I am a truck driver and sit all day, then spend alot of time in front of the computer when I'm home. What exercises would you recommend to help me and could you suggest some routine for a weekly schedule? thanks"

Ask a PT Response: "Given your occupation, it definitely would be a good idea to incorporate exercising along with strengthening exercises and postural training into your everyday routine. A great site that has some examples of cerivcal, thoracic and lumbar exercises can be found at: http://www.wholehealthpartners.com/exercise_index.php . Given your status, it may be a good idea to consult with your MD prior to beginning any exercise program. "
Sponsored Links

sandradavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandradavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2012 at 10:29pm
Yes there's a lot of good ones. For the back - core exercises are really good. These include back extensions, crunches, and balance exercises. For the neck- head retractions and putting the neck into its normal ranges of motion work good. You can add gentle resistance with an elastic band, towel, or even your hand.

Kamagra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic