Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Head & Neck Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cervical disc bulge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cervical disc bulge
    Posted: Mar 23 2011 at 1:34pm
Our user asked: "I have MRI done and it shows that there is cervical disc bulge from C3 to C6. How do I perform the phisical therapy at home? i also have neck traction, how do I you use (weight, time, frequency, etc) Thanks"

Ask a PT response: "That is a pretty general question and without physically examining you, I would not be able to recommend a home exercise program specific to your needs. You can visit our page on cerivcal disc bulge to see what treatment options are for patients in PT: http://www.cyberpt.com/cptcondtrtcervicaldiscbulge.asp. As far as the cervical traction, it will depend on the unit you have and your tolerance. It would probably be best to follow consult with your MD and to follow the recommended instructions as far as time and force. For my patients with an over the door cervical traction unit with water bag, they are instructed to start off for 10min and to fill up the bag with water to 10lbs. They are than instructed to gradually increase the time and weight of the bag up to 15 min and 15lbs respectively. I usually recommend a frequency of 2-3 x's a day for my patients as well. If you are able to, it would probably be a good idea to see a PT to obtain a home exercise program specific to your needs and to obtain further instruction for your home cerivcal traction use. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic