Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Physical Therapy Professional Forum > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back pain from dodgeball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JosephJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back pain from dodgeball
    Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 4:09pm
I was playing dodgeball a few nights ago and I think I threw my back out. What is the best way to help the healing process? The pain is mostly in the lower part of my back.
Sponsored Links

jimmycolleen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmycolleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 4:39am
You can try the hot and cold method. Place a hot water bag on your back for 5 mins and then put an ice pack. Alternate like this 4-5 times.
dizzybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 6:45pm
If the pain continues for more than a week at the most, you need to see a Doctor.  You could have injured one of your disks in your back.  If that's the case, you may require back surgery to correct your back pain.
thetherapist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetherapist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 3:23am
Yes... If your still feeling the same pain after many day... you really have see your doctor... Home remedies might not be applicable if it still continue...
eblclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eblclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2019 at 4:23am
You can try hot and cold method and if pain remains for more then a week you need to contact with an doctor. Injuries should always be taken as priority. I think you must need a good treatment. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic