Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Hip, Buttock & Groin Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird Hip/Upper Leg Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird Hip/Upper Leg Problem
    Posted: Aug 24 2010 at 1:56pm
Our user asked: "Hi, When I sit too long in some positions (sitting with legs out on the floor, or sitting with feet up in a chair), my right hip/upper leg does this strange thing where it feels out of place. It's not like a biting/jabbing pain, though pain can hit suddenly, but when it happens, I have to walk in such a way that avoids my regular movement, until the pain goes away (10 minutes or so). I do Zumba (tons of movement in every direction), and nothing ever hurts then - it's just after I've been sitting for a while, in some position that doesn't agree with me. What could this be, and is there physical therapy that could fix it? How can I even capture it or explain it better so that it's clearer what's going on? Thanks so much for your help. "

Ask a PT Response: "I am wondering if you are experiencing some kind of impingement at your hip where your femoral head may be impinging on your hip capsule. The positions you are sitting in may be contributing to this. Without being able to physically examine you, I would not be able to determine this. The impingement could be due to a number of factors include hyper-mobile or hypo-mobile joint, decrease flexibility, anatomical structural deviation, etc.. If you are able to, it may be a good idea to see a PT so that he or she could perform an evaluation to determine what is contributing to your pain and prescribe to you a plan of care specific to your needs. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic