Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Specialty Forum for PTs/Healthcare Professionals > Manual Therapy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manual Therapy Certification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Previous CPT Forum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manual Therapy Certification
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 2:11pm

R Edge

6 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  17:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking about taking courses to get certified in manual therapy. I have been looking at the courses offered by University of St. Augustine. Has anyone gone through them? Does anyone have any other recommendations? Thanks

CMT

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2006 :  18:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been looking into getting my certification in manual therapy as well. My colleague is currently in the program offered by Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy Seminars- http://www.ozpt.com/ . He has completed two of the courses so far and has been pretty satisfied. He also states that when he looked into becoming a CMT this was the best choice given quality and time it took to get certified. I can post more if I decide to go through this course provider and attend the courses.

R Edge

6 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  08:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. It looks like a good program.
Go to Top of Page

MilwPT

7 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  14:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have taken MyoFascial Release courses by John Barnes and also CranioSacral courses by Upledger. These are good basic manual therapy courses. There are many levels so you can choose to go as far as you want, but each level is applicable in the clinic. It just depends on the type of patients you see. CranioSacral is good for more chronic pain pts, and MFR is applicable for any type of pt. But check out both websites to learn more.
Or there are also many other Myofascial Release courses that can be very applicable and easy to use right away in the clinic, without having to go through a long and expensive training.

Patojo

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  12:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Graduated from the Univeristy of St. Augustine. They offer an excellent manual therapy program.

Sponsored Links

tmenzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmenzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2009 at 10:00am
I have been through the residency program for the manual therapy institute.  It is an excellent program, check out this link for more info.  http://www.themanualtherapyinstitute.com/

Basically, it's a 2 1/2 year process over approximately 18 weekend courses hosted in the same city.  Due to each course building on the ones prior, I felt the carryover of skill into the clinic I experienced was unlike any other coursework I have been through.

Wishing you success.

Tom
R Edge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Edge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 12:24pm
Thanks for the info. Certification is still on the back burner. Just too much going on right now.
nancygale12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancygale12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 3:04am
Hmm.......it sounds good rather useful info.Manual therapy organization dedicated to the advantage of orthopedic manual physical therapy,so it's really beneficial.

Thanks for sharing

Regards
Nancy

Time Management Training
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic