Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

back strain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: back strain
    Posted: Aug 10 2010 at 3:29pm
Our user asked: "While exercising with weights,I strained a mucscle in my back. I have been exercising at least 5 times a week with cardio and weights. After this happened, I felt like a was being stabbed in the back. It has been 2 wks. I no longer have that pain, but a little sore at the end of the day. Can I go back to weights and cardio, but at a lighter weights and lower pace without harming it further?"

Ask a PT Response: "What exercises with weights were you doing which resulted in you straining your back? It probably would not be a good idea to go back to doing these exericses unless you are able to determine what caused your injury (ie. poor posture, poor technique, too heavy weight, too fast, etc..). As far as your question goes in regards to going back to weights and cardio, my advice to my patients who have sustained injuries similiar to yours would be to gradually progress with exerices in order to return to prior level. If an exercise increases pain it should either be lessened in difficulty or not performed at all. I hope this helps."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic