Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Husband's Lower Back Pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Husband's Lower Back Pain
    Posted: Jul 28 2010 at 10:57am
Our user asked: "I'm a massage therapist who is at a loss with my husband's back pain. I've massaged him and he's been seeing a chiropracter. It hasn't gotten better. He says the pain is in the RT Sacroilliac Joint and the RT Lumbar area. The movement that causes the pain is reaching down and to the left. He also says it hurts when sitting. We've started icing and stretching every night. Wondering if there is a specific stretch or group of stretches you can recommend based on the info I have given. Thank you."

Ask a PT Response: "Could be a number of things going on with you husband. Has he had any medical imaging of his back including an MRI? From what you describe, lumbar flexion along with side bending or rotation to the left results in pain to the right and increase pain with prolonged sitting - there could be some disc involvement at the Right as a bulging disc could result in these symptoms. Perhaps it may be a good idea for him to consult with a PT to obtain a more detailed plan of care for him. Often times if there is disc involvement, the therapist will most likely have the patient performed lumbar extension based exercises along with core strengthening and stabilization exercises. I hope this has helped."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic