Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

inner medial pain in right leg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: inner medial pain in right leg
    Posted: Apr 20 2010 at 2:04pm
Our user asked: "i have been running again..the past 9 months. I started out way to quick and over did it. Anyway, on my right leg, directly below my calf medially it feels like I have tendonitus...when i start out slow, it doesnt seem to shock the problem as bad...it feels like a constant irritation all the time...but anyway, if its torn, can i go on with out it...bc its been aching for 8months now, and all i ahve done is do calf raises and such to strengthin it..."

Ask a PT Response: "There could be a number of things that could be going on in this area which you describe. It can include and is not limited to achilles tendon injury, gastroc injury, soleus injury, etc. Since you have been dealing with this for about 8 months now, it probably would be a good idea to seek the attention of a physical therapist now. Through an evaluation, the PT should be able to determine what may be causing your pain and develop a plan of care for you.

Some individuals are able to function with an achilles or calf tear. However, in regards to your question, can you go on with a tear? It willl have to depend on how large of a tear it is, your pain tolerance, your lifestyle and the kind of activities you are involved in. Those are all questions that should be asked in order to help you make an informed decision. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic