Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Specialty Forum for PTs/Healthcare Professionals > Manual Therapy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

exercises to follow manual therapy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: exercises to follow manual therapy
    Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 4:04pm
Our user asked: "I don't know much about manual therapy, but I can do the technique to correct pelvis rotation with amazing results. Do you know exercises to follow that technique? Thanks"

Ask a PT Response: "Exercises will depend on what is going on at the pelvis. You will have the patient strengthen/stabilize where there are strength deficits and stretch where there are flexibility limitations. Exericses often include strengthening of the hip rotators and other muscles, core strengthening, piriformis stretch among stretching of other muscles, postural training, etc."
Sponsored Links

MannyLirio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MannyLirio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2010 at 5:06am
I am a professional therapist so due to my profession i am too much interested in massage related updates i read your post that is good thanks for sharing and also keep informing us if you get any new update.
KARMESH08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KARMESH08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2011 at 10:52am

Since we know that anterior inominate roatation is more common than posterior inominate rotation, I would give my patient a stretch for piriformis, hip flexors. I would also show them prone hip extensions with emphasis on glut max activation more than hamstrings. Core stabilization is always improtant for any back patients. I have also found that posterior hip capsule mobilization also works wonders for these patients.

Hope it helps.
Bryana Butlar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryana Butlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2011 at 4:52am
When the pelvis is anteriorly rotated, the sacrum is tipped forward and the rest of the spine follow it. This creates a large increase in the amount of curvature (lordosis and scoliosis) of the lower back. This deep curvature of the back then result in extreme pain and various problems including muscle spasms, pinched nerves, and possibly damage to the intervertebral discs.
Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. Courage is what counts. – Sir Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic