Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Arm, Elbow, Wrist & Hand Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wrist soreness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wrist soreness
    Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 1:36pm
Our user asked: "i have some push-up handles that i work out with.i get some soreness around my wrist after a while,is there any kind of wrist strap or band i could get to prevent me from getting sore around my wrist."

Ask a PT Response: "There are a variety of wrist support braces that can be found online which are used by weight lifters which might help with your condition. I really don't have a solid recommendation. With push up handles it requires a significant amount of weight to be distributed through your wrists. Weak wrists may not be able to tolerate this addiitonal stress and could lead to soreness or injury. An exercise routine to strengthen the muscles at both the wrist and hand could help minimize the likelihood of injury to the wrists as well. Since you are experiencing soreness at your wrists it may be a good idea to back off from the number of reps you perform this particuliar exercise or take a complete break from this exericse in order for you to give a chance for your body to heal and recover."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic