Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Physical Therapy Professional Forum > Professional Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How many dollars are wasted on physical therapy?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many dollars are wasted on physical therapy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many dollars are wasted on physical therapy?
    Posted: Feb 17 2010 at 4:18pm
I just read this article on "How many dollars are wasted on physical therapy?" and it really irks me. http://www.joepaduda.com/archives/001714.html Do people really understand what PT is and what we do. If not I think we definitely should be doing alot more to help educate them. I know the APTA is launching their Move Forward campaign http://www.moveforwardpt.com/ , but I think we need to all in our own way educate the public. It can start with our family, friends, their friends, groups we belong to etc......
Sponsored Links

Chriswa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chriswa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 12:55pm
A lot of people think physical Therapy is a quick miracle fix. You have to work at it
Stephen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2010 at 11:45am
I think that is a common misconception with a lot of therapies, not just physical. People want the quick miracle fix and are off put when they don't get it
dizzybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2011 at 11:32pm
My Doctor initially had me going to traction for my lower back pain I was having.  I was going for about a month when he had me go in for an MRI.  He discovered that traction wasn't going to help and suggested I get a injection of cortisone to help with the pain. I don't have insurance so I wasted hundreds of dollars on physical therapy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic