Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Upper/Mid Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recurring muscle strain in back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recurring muscle strain in back
    Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 8:58am
Our user asked: "For years I have had a problem where every 2-3 months I strain a muscle in my R back causing pain/spasm going up into my neck, hard to turn head or do anything. This can happen while doing light exercise, or even while turning or stretching in bed. It leaves me in pain for 5-7 days, often with crick in neck, no relief from analgesics or massage. The injury is always in the same place. Someone suggested a physical therapist might help me get out of this cycle of repeated injury. My GP has no helpful ideas. I'm recovering from this strained muscle right now, but obviously most of the time it isn't there. Any thoughts?"

Ask a PT Response: "Seeing a physical therapist would definitely be a good idea to help you understand what is going on especially since this injury is recurring . The PT can perform an evaluation to determine what may be contributing to your condition (ie. muscle imbalance, postural dysfunction, weakness, decrease flexibility, etc..) and develop a plan of care based on the findings. If it isn't anything serious, you may not require many follow up visits and should be able to manage your condition on your own with home exercises, etc. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic