Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

toe break need help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: toe break need help please
    Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 7:34am
Our user asked: "I am 48, fit and healthy and live in Turkey. I broke and dislicated the small and second toe 14 weeks ago. The hospital re aligned the toes and put me in a heavy plaster cast for 6 weeks. The cast has been off now for 8 weeks and I still cant walk. The pain is in the top of my foot, no where near the original break, my ankle and lower leg were very swolen but have almost gone back to normal now. I have tried to excersise but dont know what I supposed to be doing or how many times a day. I am so depressed and feel like I am permanently disabled. Please help me. Thank you"

Ask a PT Response: "For my patients who have sustained injuries similiar to yours, I would have them perform some exercises such as toe curl with towel, sitting heel raise, sitting toe raise, toe pick up, passive range of motion toe flexion and extension, three way leg swing, etc... (see sample attachment). I would have my patients progress to exercises involving more weight bearing as tolerated over time (ie. standing dynamic lunges, standing heel raises, standing toe raises, etc..) and also work on gait training as well. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic