Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Hip, Buttock & Groin Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sports Hernia Surgery Recovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sports Hernia Surgery Recovery
    Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 1:05pm
I just had surgery to repair a sports hernia last Monday and wanted to inquire about post-op pain. When the surgeon was performing the operation, he said he found a small amount of fat that was pressing up against a nerve in the inguinal canal which could have been the cause of some of the things I was feeling. Is this something that anyone else has heard of/come across before?
Also, the majority of my pain could really be felt when performing adduction in a standing position using my foot and the ground to create slight resistance. That's when the pain was the most sharp. It's been 5 days now since the surgery and even though I probably shouldn't have, I tested it very briefly doing the same adduction test as before. I felt something small but nothing compared to what it was before the surgery. I'm hoping that it is still in the stages of healing and that it will continue to diminish as I progress. Is this normally the case? Is what I'm feeling just part of the healing process that should continue to lessen with time?
Any information/help on these questions would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!
Steve
Sponsored Links

Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 12:26pm
Hi Steve,
Haven't heard about the compression issue.
For some of my patients who have undergone this surgery, I tell them to have patience. It will take some time to heal and recover. What you are experiencing after surgery is not uncommon and pain should gradually decrease. Probably not a good idea, however, to be stressing the area with the adduction test or performing any other activity that may compromise the surgery. If you have further concerns it may be a good idea to contact your surgeon. Best of luck with your recovery.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic