Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Pediatric Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

little league baseball injury

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: little league baseball injury
    Posted: Jul 07 2009 at 2:34pm
Our user asked: "My 12 year old son has had ongoing neck and shoulder pain ever since he had a whiplash injury 15 months ago. He is a little league baseball player, but even after several months of PT and rest on and off, it seems that anytime he plays much baseball, his neck and shoulder get tight, then sore, then painful. Any suggestions? Are there any sports/excercises that he should do in the off season to help? Thanks."

Ask a PT Response: "I would recommend that you speak with the PT that was working with your son to determine if there are additional exercises that he could perform to help minimize his condition. Another thing I would have the PT look at would be his throwing and swinging mechanics. I often find with the athletes which I work with that poor mechanics will often contribute to an injury. Often times, the athlete would compensate mechanics as a result of weakness, instability or tightness at another part of the body thus resulting in added stresses and or injury. I hope this helps and thanks for using CyberPT."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic