Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what to do next?Chronic low back pain & failed PT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what to do next?Chronic low back pain & failed PT

 Post Reply Post Reply
Ask a PT View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 953
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what to do next?Chronic low back pain & failed PT
    Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 1:00pm
Our user asked: "Hi I injured my back 3 1/2 years ago. Since this time I have been in constant pain. I have seen 4 specialists (1 surgeon, 2 physical rehab DRs, 1 pain DR ), 2 primary care doctors, 7 physical therapists, 1 Occupational therapist, 2 message therapists, I chiropractor, 1 feldenkrais therapist 1 pelvic floor specialist. I believe that my problem is muscle imbalances. How do I find someone who can help me. The doctors say that I am not a candidate for surgery. The doctors have also said that I have seen really good therapists. How do I find someone who truly can help with muscle imbalance problems - They all say that they can yet they all have failed. I have followed the therapists directions and done the exercises that they have asked my to do. For your information some of the contributing items are degenerative disk at L5-L6, L6 is partially sacrilzed (I don't know if there is any motion at this level), hypermoble si joint, hypermoble L3 joint, facet joint arthritis at the L5 level. I injured my back splitting wood. Prior to the injury I had never experienced back pain. Thanks for your input."
Ask a PT Response: "I am sorry to hear that your condition is not improving and can understand your frustration. If you truly have a muscle imbalance a physical therapist who has his certification in orthopaedics or manual therapy will most likely be able to help. You can find a list of physical therapy providers and their specialties by visiting the APTA website and performing a Find a PT Search:
I suggest you call around and to the various clinics and talk to the therapist to see if he or she will be able to assist you. Best of luck to you."
Back to Top
Sponsored Links

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.