Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Extremity & Knee Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cannot "lock" my knee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cannot "lock" my knee
    Posted: Mar 11 2009 at 2:39pm
Our user asked: "I have had a TKR 3 months ago. Poor home therapy for 7 weeks has set me back some. Now am going to out Pt therapy about 5 weeks. Dr. says to go another 3 weeks as I still have flexibility so he won't do a manipulation yet. I cannot lock my leg with the replacement. I still want to walk on my toe as I did before surgery. Am I ever going to get the leg straight?"

Ask a PT Response: "Participation in PT can help a patient achieve additional knee range of motion after surgery. Most patients are able to achieve normal/close to normal range of motion after surgery. Ideally we would like our patients to achieve 0 degrees of knee extension and at least 125 degrees of knee flexion. If a patient is not progressing well, we can recommend assistive ROM equipment ie. extensionater http://www.getmotion.com/pc_knee.htm You can check with your PT or MD to see what they might recommend as well. Continue to perform your home exercises, work with your PT and hang in there!"
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic