Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Upper/Mid Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shoulder pain 16 y/o girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shoulder pain 16 y/o girl
    Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 3:45pm
Our user asked: "I have been having crazy achy pains in the bottom of my shoulder blade for a month and a half now. For the last couple of weeks my arm has just been feeling almost heavy and achy also. I went to my normal doctor who said it might be scoliosis...got x-rays to find out all I have is a 5 degree curve which is not what would be causing the pain. Her best bet was for me to go to physical therapy...shouldn't I want out what the problem is first? What could it be and what would be done in physical therapy to fix it?"

Ask a PT Response: "There could be a multiple number of factors which could be contributing to your pain. The physical therapist would conduct an evaluation and assessment to determine what may be contributing to your problem. Patients often will consult with a PT despite not knowing what may be contributing to the patient's pain. Physical therapists are trained to be able to determine differential diagnoses for their patients and will be able to develop a plan of care based on findings. Treatment can vary based on findings. Good luck and thanks for using CyberPT."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic