Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Upper/Mid Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mid Back Pain Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purplekitty7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mid Back Pain Questions
    Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 10:47pm
Hello,

Back in early October I was lifting and carrying some heavy boxes and hurt my middle back.  At that time I thought it was a muscle issue and took muscle relaxers, but they helped very little.  I really have not improved any and have gotten worse.  It hurts most when I've been sitting for long periods, and feels stiff which I would think is a muscle problem, but I'm wondering if it could be something else since it's been 2 months and hasn't improved any.

Also if it is a muscle problem, is there any good stretches/exercises that can help relieve some pain?

Thank you for your time.

Becky
Sponsored Links

SCPT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2008 at 4:31pm

Could be muscular involvement of muscles such as your rhomboids, middle/lower trapezius and thoracic paraspinals. Does it hurt to pull something or lift even light weight objects (10-15lbs)? Is there tenderness at the muscles in that region? Modalities such as hot pack or cold pack can help control the pain. Massage and stretching can help the tissue get looser and strengthening and posture training can help improve function. You may want to consider seeing a PT to truly find out what may be going on.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic