Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Upper/Mid Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Facet syndrome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Facet syndrome
    Posted: Dec 03 2008 at 9:50am
Our user asked: "I have facet syndrome in my upper back and i am having problems finding exercises that can help me i cant afford a doctor or therapy is there anything i can do so i am not in so much pain?"

Ask a PT Response: "The upper back or thoracic spine is a difficult region to treat as the thoracic vertebrae have limited mobility as a result of their attachment to the ribs. As far as exercises goes, therapists would recommend exercises that would focus on strengthening the muscles in that region ie, thoracic paraspinals, rhomboids, middle/lower traps etc.. Joint mobilization may be performed by the therapist as well. Modalities such as hot packs or cold packs and e-stim can be issued to the patient by the therapist as well. I would suggest when you are able to, to consult with a PT for at least an initial evaluation so that the therapist can determine a home exercise program which would be appropriate for you given the findings from the evaluation. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic