Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LCS - lower-crossed syndrome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LCS - lower-crossed syndrome
    Posted: Jun 08 2011 at 7:51am
Here is an informative article on lower crossed syndrome:
Sponsored Links

Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2008 at 2:19pm
Our user asked: "I am a bodybuilder. I was told that I have lower cross syndrome, I never wnt to a PT for my problem, but recently I discovered this website. I have done some of the stretches and exercises for the lower back issues, but I wanted to know a few more things, like: 1 What is the best time of day to the exercises and stretches and how often per week. How important is it to get e-stimulation and massages? How long will it take to fully recover, so I can get back to bodybuilding?"

Ask a PT Reponse: "It may be a good ideal to consult with a PT to determine which areas are affecting you. With lower-crossed syndrome you could have issues at various regions: lumbopelvic hip complex, knee, and ankle. It would be very difficult for you to determine on your own which areas you should work on. If you click on/copy paste the following link, it will take you to a very informative article on lower-crossed syndrome and the types of assessment a PT will conduct: http://www.lifewest.edu/courses/syllabi/lower-crossedsyndrome.pdf

For this condition- I would recommend to the patient to perform their stretches daily for at least two times a day (in AM and PM and before/after working out). I especially recommend stretching after working out as this time period will allow for the most gains in flexibility. E-stim and massage/soft tissue mobilization are often utilized by physical therapists to help a patient achieve increase tissue pliability and decrease tissue irritability. Depending on the patient and the extent of the problem E-stim and massage/soft tissue mobilization may or may not be required. As far as recovery time, this will vary greatly from patient to patient depending on the extent of the condition and each patient's individualized ability to improve. I hope this helps and good luck with your recovery."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic