Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Physical Therapy Professional Forum > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

equipment please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: equipment please help
    Posted: Sep 17 2008 at 1:55pm
Our user asked: "Hello, I know that this is an unusual request. But since I have no idea
I thought I would shoot you an e-mail. I am an SLP in the Nashville area. I am opening my own practice and want to bring in a PT and OT into my practice. I am going to build a very large room but have no idea what type of equipment to purchase. What do we need to purchace for a PT, to be able to provide services."

Ask a PT Response: "Opening a clinic is very exciting. As far as equipment for PT needs, it would probably be geared towards the patient population in which you anticipate seeing. In general here are some items which I think a PT clinic should have:
stationary bike
treadmill
high/low tables
stools
ultrasound machine/ultrasound gel warmer
e-stim machine
iontophoresis machine
hydroculator with hot packs
freezer with ice packs
parallel bars or railing
hand weight set
physioball
medicine balls
theratubing/theraband
wand/stick
pulleys set
exercise prescription software program (ie. VHI)
pulley weight strengthening system (optional)
airex (optional)
bosu ball (optional)
stackable steps (optional)

These are just some items which I can think of off hand. I think you will have a better idea as far as your needs goes once you have hired a PT and he or she can tell you what other items are required that may be specific to his or needs. I hope this helps and thanks for using CyberPT."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic