Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot Injuries/Conditions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lymphedema treatment for lower legs, ankles, feet?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lymphedema treatment for lower legs, ankles, feet?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Previous CPT Forum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lymphedema treatment for lower legs, ankles, feet?
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 8:53pm

swollen

2 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  15:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a lot of swelling in my legs and feet. My doctor is sending me to therapy for lymphedema management. I am just curious in regards to what this is and what is going to be involved?

R Edge

6 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  16:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lymphedema is a chronic condition, when left untreated, can lead to disfigurement, infection and immobilization. The International Society of Lymphology defines lymphedema as "an abnormal collection of excessive tissue proteins, edema, chronic inflammation, and fibrosis". Certified lymphedema therapists can help you control this problem. They often use techniques such as manual lymphatic drainage, medical compression bandaging, exercise and skin care techniques to help you control your lymphedema.

swollen

2 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  15:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks R Edge. I saw a therapist today. The info you gave me was helpful and let me know what to expect. Hoepfully I will start seeing results in the next few weeks.

Edited by Previous CPT Forum - Jul 08 2008 at 8:54pm
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic