Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Continuing Education Course Review > Review a Course
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A New Approach to Biomechanics and Orthotics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Previous CPT Forum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A New Approach to Biomechanics and Orthotics
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 12:57pm

mitch

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  10:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Glaser presented a very informative argument for his custom arch supports. The information he presented is very progressive thinking backed with multiple evidance based case studies proving his product is all he states it is. The course itself was well presented with excellent 3-D graphics that reenforced his presentation and argument for his theory. His presentation showed 1 picture is worth a thousand words. I personally plan on using Dr. Glaser's product to improve my gait and foot/ LBP. I belive this continuing education class will help my patients with the information that I recieved.on a scale of 1 to 10 I rate this course a 9+

badgerhockey3

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  16:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Glaser did a wonderful job explaining, and demonstrating, the biomechanics of the foot in a new and thought provoking way. With the use of 3D graphics, and an enlarged model of the foot, Dr. Glaser successfully challenged us to analyze the anatomy and realize that traditional orthotics are not capturing the ideal movement of the foot. I felt that it was a good balance between evidence based research, further education on the biomechanics and in depth anatomy review to allow the audience to realize that we need to provide our patients with a more appropiate orthotic for their individual foot and gait pattern.

Kathryn Greaves

PTgal

1 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2007 :  07:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Glaser's presentation was very imformative for PTs. He spoke on many different diagnoses that we see everyday. And he provided us with clinical ideas that we can start using in our daily treatment. The 3-D graphics were excellent in explaining the tri-planar mechanics of the lower leg/ankle/foot. He also spoke candidly, from a surgeon's perspective, in regards to surgical procedures that PTs treat all the time. Very helpful and stimulated much thought on how we currently treat our patients. I would recommend this class to all PTs!!

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic