Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Hip, Buttock & Groin Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nagging Groin Injury

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nagging Groin Injury
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 5:45pm

Ask a PT

156 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  23:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our user asked: "I pulled my groin 6-7 weeks ago in cross country to the point it was very painful to walk. I haven't ran since and the groin pain has gone away finally but now the left side on the inside of my right leg(my injured leg)toward the back has a nagging pain. It only hurts when I try to run or when I suddenly put a lot of pressure on it. My doctor said I may just need some physical therapy but he doesnt know too much about it. could you think you could identify what this is and how i can heal it hopefully by 3 weeks so i can start to train for track. thank you."

Ask a PT Response: "It is great that your right groin pain has gone away. However, it appears you continue to be experiencing some type of residual pain as a result of your past injury. With the information that you have provided and not being able to physically examine you, it would be very difficult for me to give you a physical therapy diagnosis. From what you are describing your injury could be a number of things which includes an adductor strain, hip flexor strain, hamstring strain, myofascial dysfunction, postural/mechanical dysfunction, a possible tear in the tendons/tissue in that region or bony injury to name just a few. I would definitely seek the services of a physical therapist as he or she will be able to give you a better idea of what is going on. If you would like to return to running as soon as possible seeking the services of a PT is strongly recommended. Best of luck to you and thank you for using CyberPT- Your online physical therapy resource."

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic