Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - buldging disc,s with bone spures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

buldging disc,s with bone spures

 Post Reply Post Reply
Ask a PT View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: Jul 07 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 954
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buldging disc,s with bone spures
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 5:32pm

Ask a PT

156 Posts
Posted - 09/27/2007 :  13:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our user asked: "i have been told not to do physical therapy but my muscles are detearating and all ready weakended from pinched nerves, what can i do to strengthen muscles with out causing further damage or peralasis? neck and back injury .theres gotta be something i can do to help my self ,i was told that i need surgery but am afraid it would just cause further damage.i had therapy 20 yrs ago for this injury ,it gave me my life back so i am firm beleiver in therapy but now dr,[surgun says no to therapy cause it could peralize me ,but i see all these things on tv that say that releiving the pressure off spine with theraputic stretch can heal ? i no longer have a dr or insurence [divorced] so im on my own. sitting for long periods makes legs aspecialy my knees feel like there being crushes and there going to explode [very painful]lost strength in both arms and apon using arms i get a painful weakening and spasums. any suggestion would be greatly apreciated."

Ask a PT Response: "From what you are describing it sounds like your condition is very severe and may warrant further medical intervention. I would recommend you possibly obtain insurance through the state if you are able to. Otherwise you may want to utilize the direct access law in California since you already have an initial diagnosis from a physician, which would allow you to see a PT without a referral from a physician. That way you would be able to pay out of pocket and get an accurate assessment from a physical therapist to see if physical therapy would be appropriate and beneficial for you. I wish you the best of luck.

Direct Access to PT laws link:"

Back to Top
Sponsored Links

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.03
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.102 seconds.