Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Physical Therapy Professional Forum > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hearing problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickssheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hearing problems
    Posted: Mar 16 2022 at 5:50am
What are some of the most common hearing problems that people develop as they grow older?
Hi I am Patrick S Sheets :)
Sponsored Links

nathanfshaw6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanfshaw6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2022 at 3:12am
Hi there,
Age-related hearing loss occurs almost in everyone these days as people get older. It can be frustrating, significantly, when it affects both the ears. From my research, I found that the most common reasons are exposure to loud sounds over the years, due to which your cells become weak and having a family history of hearing loss. Some even develop tinnitus which is a ringing in the ears.
But the good news is that you can take some simple steps to reduce your risk of developing age-related hearing loss!
First of all, it's always a good idea to protect your ears from loud sounds. They can feel harmless at the time but can cause permanent damage to your hearing. If you can't avoid loud noises, you can always wear earplugs or earmuffs. Second, it's essential to keep your ears clean because earwax can build up and reduce the amount of airflow in your ear. Using a dry, soft cloth, soak it in warm water and wipe your ears gently to remove. And it is always good to go for a regular checkup and an occasional hearing test. I hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic