Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Extremity & Knee Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will I walk normal again? I'm worried.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
amydiaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amydiaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will I walk normal again? I'm worried.
    Posted: Oct 26 2020 at 4:56am
You may have to consider a second opinion. It seems like you have to strengthen your muscles. There are exercises and yoga asanas for that. But please, do take a professional second opinion. I hope you feel better.
amydiaz
Sponsored Links

Esjallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esjallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2020 at 6:47am
    Hello, I'm a 23 year old female with both tibias fractured on June 14, 2020.
    I've been going to PT for 10 weeks now and I only have 2 left. I started PT 6 weeks after I was injured. I am walking again but I haven't been able to fully straighten my legs while walking yet. I also can't bend my legs all the way.
     My PT has told me that what's holding me back is just the muscles. Relaxing and strengthening the right ones. When I see him I can hear the stress in his voice when discussing my progress. I've been doing all of my exercises and stretches.
     My questions are, (1) am I not as progressed as I should be? (2) What do I do if I'm not walking normally once I've finished PT? (3) Is there something more I need to be doing? (4) Will I actually walk how I did before my injury?
     Thank you for your thoughts, input, and time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic