Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lumbar Disc Bulge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Previous CPT Forum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lumbar Disc Bulge
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 5:23pm

KJL

1 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  15:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a history of back pain which has been on and off. I had a MRI taken about a year ago which displayed some mild bulging of my discs at the L1 & L2 regions. I am beginning to experience some mild back pain in my low back again this past week. Could this be related to the bulging discs?

JJ Bucky

1 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  14:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My therapist and several other health care professionals have told me that just because you have a bulging disc doesn't necessarily mean you will experience back pain. I have a history of on and off back pain and a MRI showed that I have a bulging disc as well. I didn't have any pain go down my legs. My therapist didn't believe that my back pain was a result of the bulging disc. What he did was really work on my posture and strengthening my abs and back muscles. The therapy really helped as I have not had back pain for the past 6 months now. I have kept up with my exercises as well to prevent a recurrence of back pain.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic