Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Upper/Mid Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball back injury

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Previous CPT Forum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball back injury
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 5:09pm

vijay043077

1 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  00:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi -

Last weekend I injured my upper back while playing paintball with some friends. Although I am generally a physically fit person, these days I find it more difficult to remind myself of why it is so important to actually spend a few minutes stretching before I exercise. Unfortunately, this past weekend was a case in point. I learned a tough lesson about being closer to "30" than to "21" and I think I over did it during my first round of paintball. I believe that all I did was "pull" a muscle of two in my upper back just below my right shoulder blade. But even after this incident occured I decided it was best to try and "tough it out" and "stay in the game". After a few rounds the pain which I experienced did not subside and when I woke up the following morning the pain increased quite dramatically. What are some things that I could do to reduce this painful injury and to try to prevent it from recurring in the future?

Vijay043077

ABPT

11 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  14:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I definitely know how it feels to get old. I can't run as far now without getting some kind of pain somewhere. As far as your situation, if you just pulled a muscle you should hopefully be fine in a couple days. I would recommend using a hotpack to the area or massage with the use of a pain relieving cream such as Flexall 454 to help relax the muscles and get some relief from pain. Some gentle stretches can also be performed such as videos Z15, 47 & Z23 (just to name a few) on the CyberpT exercise video page. I hope this helps and I would recoommend you stretch with your future paintballing or any other physical activity.

PT Guy

22 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  16:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found that weekend warriors are more likely to injure themselves then those individuals who exercise on a regular basis. It is especially important to modify your activity level accordingly as you get older.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic