Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Shoulder Injuries/Conditions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rotator Cuff Rehab- Scapular Stabilization Exercis
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rotator Cuff Rehab- Scapular Stabilization Exercis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotator Cuff Rehab- Scapular Stabilization Exercis
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 4:46pm

Ask a PT

156 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  10:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our user asked: "My orthopedic has released me to start scapular stabilization exercises (surgery about 5 mo ago). Have not started because I don't understand how to do exercises, # of reps, # of times/day. Have continued to do range of motion exercises with light weight (2 #) but am experiencing pain. Discontinued seeing PT because I ran out of visits covered by insurance. (36/calendar year). What should I do about pain? Should I see PT for demo of exercises? Please advise. Thanks for your assistance."

Ask a PT Response: "What type of surgery did you undergo? It sounds like your progress may not be what is expected if you are just initiating scapular stabilization exercises 5 months after the surgery. You can visit the CyberPT classroom and view some protocols for various types of shoulder surgeries and progression. Please keep in mind that each surgeon has different specifications for rehab and that each patient must be treated on an individual basis for rehabilitation. http://www.cyberpt.com/CyberPTclassroom.asp . As far as your pain goes, modalities such as ice or heat are usually utilized. Consultation with your physician is also recommended in regards to medications. I would definitely recommend you consult with your PT, perhaps next calendar year when you will get more visits, for further information in regards to what exercises you should be performing and how you should be performing them as he or she will know you and your condition best. Good luck with your shoulder and thanks for using CyberPT."

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic