Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Shoulder Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Injured Shoulder/Arm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injured Shoulder/Arm
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 4:40pm

Ask a PT

156 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  08:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our user asked: "On July 23rd I fell off a 5 foot retaining wall and injured my shoulder. I was knocked unconscious so I don't remember the event or how I landed but it has been nagging ever since. I had it x-rayed and my doctor told me that I he thought I might have a slight crack right next to the ball in my shoulder. He told me it would take two weeks before I could start lifting again. Nearly two months later I haven't been able to sleep a full night due to the pain, have reduced mobility (can't reach anything above or past the small of my back), have shooting pain when I move my arm too fast, and feel pain from my shoulder to my elbow on a regular basis. What do you recommend I do? Is this a matter regarding physical therapy or do you think it is an issue that my doctor missed and that I should get checked again?"

Ask a PT Response: "The first thing that comes to my mind is to have a x-ray of your shoulder performed again. It would be important to see how the humeral head fracture is healing. Since you are continuing to experience pain and have a decrease in shoulder mobility now, physical therapy would be recommended at this time. The physical therapist will be able to help you with managing your pain and helping you increase your shoulder mobility. If you continue to have problems despite participation in therapy, then you may want to consult a physician with an orthopedic background. Thanks for using CyberPT."

Edited by Ask a PT - Jul 08 2008 at 4:41pm
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic