Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slow recovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhall2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slow recovery
    Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 8:31pm
Sorry if this is long. I'm looking for support and some reassurance. My fiance had open heart surgery November 29th. He had a lot of complications afterward had difficulty coming off the breathing tube and ended up staying on the ventilator for 2 weeks. Then placed a trach still having the ventilator and then he ended up in the long-term acute rehab center with dialysis. He's now off the dialysis off the vent off the trach. He is a 330 lb guy he has not been on his feet since November 29th. They've been doing rehab with him. They sit him up for about a half-hour a day. Unfortunately he has a large pressure area on his bottom which keeps him from sitting up for long periods of time. They're doing a lot of bed exercises but they've yet to stand him and get him in parallel bars or try to stand up lift. Am I being too naive it's been a month since he's been in the latest rehab center and they haven't tried to Stand Up Lift or anything yet should I be pushy or or do I need to just be patient? Any words of encouragement would be helpful.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic