Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Physical Therapy Professional Forum > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sprained ankle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sprained ankle
    Posted: May 15 2018 at 12:06pm
I am working with a 13 year old girl who has sprained her ankle many times. She is no longer in the acute phase. When she does her ankle strengthening and balance exercises she complains of pain. She has followed up with the orthopedist but the orthopedist said everything anatomically is normal. Passive and active range of motion is pain free. Muscle testing also does not produce pain. Balancing on one foot is what produces the most pain. Should I tell her to push through the pain? Thank you
Sponsored Links

Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2018 at 1:30pm
Have you checked the joint mobility at the superior and inferior tibfib joint? I often find a dysfunction here as a result of an inversion ankle sprain. Mobilizing the joint(s) at both ends can often allow for more normal arthrokinematics at the tibfib joint and alleviation or reduction of pain. If your patient is experiencing that much pain I wouldn't have her push through it as you likely will most likely just further irritate the joint or ligament(s). Does she continue to have tenderness at ATFL upon palpation and is that the area where she continues to have the pain?
johncarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johncarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2019 at 2:22am
Hi, 

I understand this pain as it is a very common problem and sprained ankle pain is really painful. I would I tried Malin Method and you won't believe how effective it was! I would highly recommend this natural & safe rehab technique.
This system works great for any type or grade of a sprained ankle, weak or unstable ankles, as well as any new or old ankle injury that never healed properly.  Also, it will fully heal the entire calf/ankle/foot complex. 

Just follow along with the step by step videos until you’re completely pain-free. You get instant access on ANY device and don’t need any equipment. Try it risk-free for 30 days. If you’re not fully satisfied for any reason, just send an email for a full refund, no questions asked. Please share your feedback, if it helps you

I hope this will help!
https://malinmethod.com
dowhyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dowhyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2019 at 5:42am
Does she still have pain while exercising? 
Evaluate Educate Rehabilitate
Seeker88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seeker88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2022 at 5:41am
hi, have you tried consulting a physiotherapist? I had undergone an ankle sprain last year and medications proved to be helpful as a temporary relief. It was then I switched to physiotherapy treatment. It seemed to be very fruitful and the pain recued drastically. Now, I'm totally healthy and pain-free.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic